Friday, August 06, 2004

Does this even count as making fun?

You might have already seen this from several sources, like I have. Here's my take on it.

I heard a couple of guys on the radio this morning, one of them evidently sympathetic to President Bush, the other maybe not so much. That second guy quoted Bush straight from the official transcript, as follows:
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
Bush Fan's instant reaction was, "Oh, why do you have to be like that? Why don't you go tighten the neck bolts on Kerry, maybe you'll feel better."

Now, here's the interesting thing to me about this exchange. One guy made fun of Kerry by comparing his physical appearance to the Frankenstein monster, and that's okay with me. It's a time-honored form of derision in playgrounds and school gyms across the land. I support that. It's a little childish, but also kind of funny. The other guy was teasing Bush, but all he had to do was quote the guy. Accurately. He didn't have to add anything of his own.

I just thought it was funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home