Sunday, October 02, 2005

Religion Update

Those of us still searching for a religion we can call our own are frequently baffled by the wide variety of beliefs available in the spiritual marketplace.

I dabbled in The Church of the Subgenius for a while until my dedication was found lacking. Plus, there was no way I could keep up with their requirements for liquor consumption and partying.

Mainstream Protestantism wasn't too horrible until it became a wholly owned subsidiary of the Republican Party.

Buddhism seems rock-solid from a philosophical perspective, but it does require you to be nice, pretty much on a daily basis, to people and things that you can never hope to get anything back from, and man oh man, is that HARD.

Now I think I've found a religion I can really get behind: the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, also known as Pastafarianism. Finally, a religion that offers comfort and a vague sense of menace in roughly equal measures.

Check out the FSM website for evangelizing materials. Contact your school boards and your politicians. This thing could really save us all, unless it doesn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home