Monday, September 05, 2005

Airhead Apparent

Smarter-than-me guy Mark Evanier at news from me has noticed that the federal response to the hurricane damage has been somewhat lacking:
Tim Russert, who ordinarily is about as tough on the Bush administration as I am on members of my immediate family, is among the newsfolks who seem angered by how little has been done for the injured and displaced in the Gulf Coast. Today on Meet the Press, he interrogated the Homeland Security Chief, Michael Chertoff, who's out there spinning his little heart out, saying things like, "There will be time later to assess blame." That's what I always say when I'm worried about being blamed, too.
Look, Preznit Bush is not some blameless, holy creature. Can we at least agree that he and his henchmen have bobbled the ball in this case? It would not be a blasphemy to make such a suggestion, and I'm speaking as someone who is all in favor of blasphemy when the situation warrants.

When the blindered pro-Bush people are ready to admit that he is capable of making mistakes, if not that he is in fact quite accomplished at making them, only then will I be willing to entertain the possibility that Bush just maybe may not be the thoughtless, arrogant political dilettante he gives every indication of being. Every day I'm willing to look at hard evidence that he is not the person his bad reputation makes him out to be, and every day I am disappointed.

2 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger David said...

Two words: John Roberts

Is that good enough for you? He's a great choice.

But I do agree that President Bush is not perfect, of course. But I still pro-Bush. Imagine if Kerry was in office right now...

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Mark said...

What's so great about John Roberts? Specifically.

And I'd rather imagine Gore in office right now, but even Kerry would be an improvement. Just think, competence in the White House. How long ago those days seem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home