Thursday, January 04, 2007

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy

There's this guy, see, name of Jonathan Coulton, who writes and records the greatest and craziest songs from deep within his underground lair somewhere in New York City. My favorites include Skullcrusher Mountain, Re: Your Brains, and knockout remakes of We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions and Baby Got Back.



I had Baby Got Back on in the car the other day and it made the teen in the back seat literally beg for mercy. Which is always a plus.



I'm generally disinterested in new music, but Coulton is actually doing something interesting, making quite a contrast with all the slackers I saw on Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve earlier this week. Is there really anything all that interesting in what Rascal Flatts or Christina Aguilera are doing these days? I submit to you that there is not.

1 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger FletcherDodge said...

Hey Mark, I just found your blog and was surprised to see the link to Jonathan Coulton. I've linked to him a couple of times, including his version of Baby Got Back and My Monkey.

Anyway, just wanted to drop you a line. Great blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home